You have been fitted with a custom orthosis (brace) as prescribed. To assure proper fit and function, please be aware of the following:
Your device is intended to achieve any of the following:
- Improve your gait
- Improve skeletal alignment and function
- Prevent progression of a deformity
- Decrease pain
- Limit motion around a specific joint
- Enhance motion/function of a specific joint
Follow up visits are advised to ensure that your custom orthosis is appropriate and is providing optimal fit and function. A patient may experience a change in function or an anatomical change, which may require adjustments or modifications of the orthosis. Your orthosis (brace) will need regular maintenance. Do not attempt to change or adjust your orthosis. Please see us if any problems arise. Do not hesitate to call with any questions or problems.
Care and Maintenance:
- Clean your orthosis regularly with soap and water or any disinfectant cleaner. Ask your orthotist for specific cleaning instructions on your specific device.
- Always wear a clean interface (such as a sock, or T shirt) under your orthosis to protect your skin and keep it clean and free from bacteria.